S-Mart is Angus’s first Social Supermarket
Our vision is to tackle food insecurity and reduce food waste in our local communities.
We can achieve this by using surplus, over ordered and “no longer stocked” food from big chain supermarkets and local food suppliers.
- Household access to shop at S-Mart where products can be reduced by anything up to 50%
- Automatically entered into our free monthly prize draw to win an S-Mart Hamper
- Access to free period products
- Access to free toothpaste and brushes
- Buy membership and gift vouchers for friends, family or as a “pay it forward”
How you can help and benefit
By shopping at S-Mart, not only will you have access to heavily discounted food, be contributing to the reduction of food waste but will also be helping to tackle food insecurity in Angus.
By shopping at S-Mart and bringing along your own reusable shopping bags, you will be supporting the reduction of single use plastic in our local communities.
And because we are a Social Enterprise all monies go back into our organisation and towards projects which benefit our community.
Our Covid-19 Response
Just as we were in the middle of planning for the first S-Mart store in Forfar, the Covid-19 pandemic began. The already serious food poverty situation became much worse – almost overnight.
We responded as quickly as possible with our S-Mart Grocery Pack initiative, providing a helping hand for those who needed it most in these terrible circumstances.